Friday, June 8, 2012

June 8, 2012

It's finally Friday, and another work week is in the books (I'm actually on lunch break right now though). The big story in my sports world is the kickoff of Euro 2012.  The 2nd most awesome soccer tournament in the world (behind the World Cup of course) should provide plenty of excitement and I'll be recording as many games as I can to watch after work.  Being mostly of Dutch descent I've always been partial to the Netherlands as my favorite soccer country, other than the US.  The 2010 World Cup was a bit of a disappointment as they lost the final, but new hope abounds and we should make a strong showing in the European championship.  We are grouped with Germany, Denmark, and Portugal in Group B, otherwise known as they Group of Death.  All 4 are legitimate teams, possibly excluding Denmark but they are no pushover either.  The Netherlands kicks off its Euro 2012 tomorrow against Denmark.

Euro 2012: June 8

Poland 1-1 Greece
Russia 4-1 Czech Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment